Arrrrrgggh! Approaching blog burnout!
And this right before the Blogher conference. I was never a prolific blogger, but my energies nowadays are funneled into reading blogs and adding entries to my link blog. I have become less of a producer of original work, and more of a reader of original work. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (To quote Seinfeld.) For some reason, I have little motivation to do anything more. Even writing "this is brilliant" or "read this - fantastic piece" on my link blog seems laborious.
Roll on, Blogher's blogroll!
On the upside, Lisa Stone has created a BlogHerRoll of attendees on the Blogher webpage's sidebar, along with a nifty BlogHer newsfeed.
The first three blogs I happened to click on impressed me very much indeed. They were well written, had creative and unique layouts, and divulged an incredible amount (it seemed to me) of personal information, from photos of the blogger in their workplace to their dogs to their current medication(s). Since I'm used to working around the limitations of having an anonymous blog, I found the free-flowing personal information refreshing.
I look forward to scanning more of the BlogHerRoll...

No comments:
Post a Comment