Class and job ops (Andrea Rubenstein at Shrub.com Blog)
Andrea Rubenstein has written a piece that I like so much, I'm releasing it from the confines of my linkblog: "Further proof that success isn't always about hard work".
I'll butcher it up here with a few taster quotes, and then you can visit her site, the (strangely-titled) Official Shrub.com Blog, to read the whole thing intact.
She writes of the security and confidence that being rich fosters. Part of it is a state of mind, which allows you to take career risks:
"When I decide to start my own company, a dream of mine I have no doubt will be fulfilled, I'll have the not only the financial support of my family but total access to their social network as well. And if anyone tries to tell you that the social network isn't important, or isn't as important as 'hard work', I say from personal experience that they're lying their asses off or just plain ignorant."She backs this statement up with a personal example:
"Based on nothing more than a family connection and a hypothetical ability to do the job, I would be able to begin a career with a good salary and a lot of potential for upward movement."Coming from "one of the lazy rich kids who doesn’t know the true meaning of 'hard work'", I'd say that's a pretty brave post.

No comments:
Post a Comment