“About” pages-you-like
Some ways people handle the biographical portions of their blogs (more casually referred to as the “About me” section).
- Catherine at Jejune handles the biography problem by deciding to annotate her driving license. Brilliant!
- Rands In Repose offers this well-organized About page, with a picture of the blogger in his workspace with a red-gelatin effect. Everything you want to know is here (even the beard is explained). Just a delight to read. (Did I really just say that?)
- Andrew Barrow of Spittoon has a neatly organized About page with floating boxes. There’s something elegant here. Nice inclusion of site feeds in a prominent position (I hate it when you have to search around).
- You don't have to get super-fancy like Barrow, though. Adam Gurri simply uses the bog-standard profile option at Blogger for his blog, Sophistpundit, to very funny effect.
- Yes, humor is always appreciated. Ravenwood of Ravenwood’s Universe offers a picture of himself in his biographical summary. We all appreciate that brave honesty, Ravenwood.
- Finally, “Dr. Brazen Hussy” of the blog What the hell is wrong with you? gives a brief summary in her sidebar for passers-by: “I’m a woman, a Ph.D., an evolutionary biologist, and a liberal. So I spend a lot of time these days being angry.”

4 comments:
Can I just say, going to Dr Brazen Hussy's blog was frightening. She has a scary amazon thing that knows who I am. I did not like it. At all. I couldn't even enjoy surfing the Hussy's blog because that thing was making me nervous! ;-)
Good list. Have you clicked my Who Am I? button lately?
Well, I thought it was cute.
Denise - Oh you mean the Amazon icon at the very bottom of her sidebar on the left? :D
Ahist - Nope, will have to check it out...
:D Thanks, lunadyke. If you go to BlogHer I'll buy you a drink or coffee or something...
Post a Comment