Steve Madden shoes

These are Converse knock-offs, by a company called Steve Madden. I don't know how they get away with the knock-offs, I thought Converse were patented or trademarked or something.
These were a ridiculous price, something like $10 at Ross Dress for Less. (Yes. Ross. Dress for Less. Don't knock it til you've tried it!)
Currently listening: Beatles, 1
(* I'm looking at you, Janeen, Winter, Joy, Fiat Lux, Anne, and another Anne.)

6 comments:
Very cool! I like the tiny strip of orange on them. I'm a sucker for Converse knock-offs ... AND Ross.
Keep posting shoes and I'm going to be forced to upload a picture of my Hobbit boots. :)
Oh I'd love to see those, Terry. What, do they have furry hair on top of them or something? ;)
Oh no, I've been found out ;-)
I think Steve Madden specializes in leather-free knock-offs?
I spent close to 2 years selling shoes as a survival job during the bust ... you'd LOL if you saw how many pairs were in my closet (and that's after purging a bunch before the last apartment move). That 50% employee discount got pretty addictive.
Of course, they're all from the same company and 99% of them are black (damn you, company dress code!), but I have so many pairs that even ~2 years later I find it hard to buy any new shoes.
I sent a comment yesterdy, but apparently it didn't go through. So here I am again.
I love these shoes SD. You have quite a great collection. What amazes me is how come they're ALL in such great shape? They all look brand new. Don't you have any scuffed or worn ones like the rest of us? I wear my shoes until they actually ask to be put to rest.
Hi Joy - I'm sorry, I cannot find the comment you originally submitted, but have published the one you sent me above (obviously :)).
General note to all readers: if I haven't published a comment you've sent, it's probably due to a benign reason (I've accidentally cocked up or Blogger has cocked up) - not me filtering your comments. :) (However my comments policy does mean I can arbitrarily not publish a comment - but I wouldn't do that to *Joy*, obviously. :D ;))
"What amazes me is how come they're ALL in such great shape? They all look brand new. Don't you have any scuffed or worn ones like the rest of us?"
Good observation. I recently relocated from the UK back to California (where I grew up), and so none of my shoes are older than a few months or so.
Also: the shoes that migrated with me from the UK are what I usually wear, and those are very trashed indeed. Will post a photo of those as soon as I've upgraded my flickr account (yep, they've hooked me).
Fiat Lux - 50% employee discount? Oh yes, that would eat into my paycheck too...! :)
Post a Comment