Welcome to the Working Week
I'm happy to announce I'll be working as a writer for Suite 101.com.
My reviews of Independent—or "Indie"—music will appear at Suite 101 in the Indie Music section on a weekly basis.
I look forward to working with Suite 101 and Laina Dawes (blog: Writing is Fighting), who oversees the whole category as Music Editor.
Here's my "dance card" for the month of April:
Suite 101 plans on including RSS feeds soon - I'll post an announcement when this feature is available.
I'd like to thank Chris Froese, who granted permission for his photograph of The Grates to be used as representative of the genre at Suite 101. (He saw The Grates at the recent SXSW festival.)
I'd also like to thank Valeria Melissia; I link to three of her We Are Scientists photos in my CD review. Being able to include her photos of the band playing live at SXSW enhances my review and, I think, makes it more interesting for the reader.
Related links:
We Are Scientists review
Blog entry, "Welcome to Indie Music Section"

8 comments:
Congratulations! It sounded like a cool gig and I think they made a good choice in hiring you.
This is very cool news. Congratulations! I can't wait to read your reviews.
Cool, congrats!
Not sure If you rememebr but not that long ago I saw the cribs live and they rocked big time. The lead singer has a dodgy sort of charisma.
Might be going to seeing belle and sebastian soon with Mr T, i'm not a big fan but he had all but one of their albums.
Congrats! And seeing that Elvis album cover made me smile.
Congratulations! You'll be a great addition to the site!
Fantastic music list!
Awesome news, Melinda! Guess this means you rok for a living. :D
Sorry I missed this announcement when it was made. Suite 101 is lucky to have you on board. Can't wait to read your reviews and discover what's new and cool in the Indie world.
hey M! congrats! (sorry I missed this one--head somewhere it didn't belong) good to see another writer get a great gig...
Post a Comment