May Music Review Line-up

- The Grates, The Ouch. The Touch.
- Erasure, Nightbird
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Show Your Bones
- Arctic Monkeys, Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
- Morningwood, Morningwood
- The Flaming Lips, At War with the Mystics
Now, you might notice there are six CDs to be reviewed, not the established one-per-week of April. That's due to a slight miscalculation on my part: I had placed an order with Amazon, noting that all CDs were ready to ship within 24 hours.
For some reason, this did not happen; Amazon took a while dispatching the CDs. When I visited my shopping cart for updates on the progress of my order, the estimated arrival date was May 9th!
I started to panic mildly. I needed to start listening to a CD in order to deliver my review promptly to Suite 101. Then I realized I had an Erasure CD from 2005, Nightbird, that I could write about while waiting for my Amazon delivery. Whew! Go back down from yellow alert to white status.
By the way, for anyone waiting for their Amazon CDs or any other delivery with a postal tracking number, Bloglines have a package tracking option that's very handy. Within your Bloglines window, just click Add as you would for any RSS feed, and then click on Package Tracking. Paste your tracking number from your Amazon shopping cart in the window and hey presto, you've got an RSS feed to your package.
Thoughts on the May line-up are appreciated—you can leave feedback in the comments below. If you're wondering, my selections for review are partially influenced by SXSW, as well as my own research (print media & online) and personal tastes.
Note: Links updated to point to where reviews are now housed.

3 comments:
I'll look forward to the Flaming Lips and Yeah Yeah Yeahs reviews in particular.
Nice Collection!
How come you went with the grates EP instead of their album? Speaking of which the more I plan it the more I appreciate it.
I plan on getting the yeah yeah yeahs album very soon, looking forward to it!
I seem to be one of the few in the indie scene though who doesn't love the Arctic Monkeys! Don't get me wrong they are not bad but not amazing, certainly not as much as the hype.
Looking forward to reading the reviews!
I love the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Flaming Lips records. I can't wait to read your reviews!
Post a Comment