World Shut Your Mouth!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

V. Further Reading

Rubber ducky with bow.Sour Duck's Blogging Basics: Further Reading

I've compiled a reading list for those who wish to educate themselves further on these issues.

Dates are included to demonstrate how long these debates have been going on. The fundamental issues, though, have not dated.

"Weblog Ethics", Rebecca Blood, 2002, Rebecca's Pocket

"Weblog Ethics", Jonathon Delacour, August 6, 2003, Jonathon Delacour (discusses Rebecca Blood's piece)

"rules? i don't need no stinkin' rules!", Liz Lawley, August 8, 2003, mamamusings

"Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Wonderchicken", stavrosthewonderchicken, January 20, 2004, Emptybottle.org

"We're Making The Rules Around Here: Blogger-developed Blogging Policies", Lisa Williams, January 14, 2005, Learning the Lessons of Nixon

"Dangerous Myths Bloggers Believe", Lisa Williams, January 15, 2006, Learning the Lessons of Nixon

"A technical guide to anonymous blogging - a very early draft", Ethan Zuckerman, April 13, 2005, Global Voices Online

"*The* Link Portal on Gender in the Blogosphere", Clancy Ratliff, December 21, 2004, Culture Cat: Rhetoric and Feminism

"Promoting Women Bloggers: A Timeline of Relevant Discussions", Jon Garfunkel, March 15, 2005 , Civilities: media structures research

"Hating the Hate Mail", Heidi Schnakenberg, May 25, 2006, AlterNet. Although the article examines the gender dynamic of opinion journalists, it has implications for bloggers. Hat-tip: Definition.

"Risking Mistakes Is What Writing Is All About", Kirsten Anderberg, August 18, 2004, Portland Independent Media Center

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great links. It's making me evaluation what I do and how I say things. I didn't realize some issues had been under debate for so long. I'm just a newbie to this game.