Betty Boop: A Song A Day
How to beat the mid-afternoon slump: Betty Boop, A Song A Day.
An unfortunately truncated, poor-quality version with advertizing, but better than nothing.
I've checked You Tube and while they have an extensive Betty Boop collection, they don't seem to have "A Song A Day". I'll check again later—I'd really prefer a better version to refer to—and write a bit on this cartoon.
(Thanks Y. Carrington.)

4 comments:
I would kill to find that music -- or music like it -- on CD.
The Internet Archive also has a collection of Betty Boop cartoons, but unfortunately not A Song A Day.
They do have another short with Grampy, Betty Boop And Grampy, which I think lacks the charm of A Song A Day. But some of the animation is terrific: look at how three-dimensional the backgrounds are in the sequence where Betty leaves the house to set off to Grampy's.
A little research turned up this comment at IMDB:
The music was done by the Hoosier Hot Shots, though they were not credited. The name of the song is called "San".
It's not, but they were close: The song is actually Ha-Cha-Na. Allmusic has a short sample: the tempo is a little slower, but it's definitely the same song.
(The Amazon reviews of the Hoosier's box set are also fun: "By the time this box set was finished, I never wanted to hear them again. [...] I have had enough slide whistle to last me a while.")
A better version on YouTube -- still not the full short, but most of the song in better quality and without the embedded adverts.
Those are excellent links, James, thanks.
Post a Comment