Sylvia Plath's Blog
Recently I read the journals of Ralph Waldo Emerson, and I got the eerie feeling I was reading blog entries. The voice I heard in his personal entries was much more engaging than the formal, elevated voice he used in his famous essays.
Now I see that someone has had a similar experience while reading The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath: see Clancy Ratliff's "Sylvia Plath's Blog" at Culture Cat.
Well I'll Go To The Foot Of My Stairs… has a great photo essay up at her blog about Reclaim the Night in London, including a small altercation with a group of men who spilled out of a pub. She had a great time and ends her post, "Can’t wait for RTN 07 now."
And lastly, Marian Douglas considers the impact of the loss of political figures on the American psyche in "The American assassinations, part 2—1964, 68: Malcolm, Martin and John's brother Bobby".
She writes:
"I started blogging this thread, 'the American assassinations', before reading that this week BBC News has alleged U.S. CIA involvement in the 1968 murder of Robert Kennedy. The report by Shane O'Sullivan appeared November 21, 2006 on BBC Newsnight. It is possible some in the US still really do not want to think of such things. The evening he was murdered Bobby Kennedy had just won California's Democratic Party primary and was on the verge of becoming the party nominee for president of the United States. How many of us ever stop to consider the implication of these multiple assassinations in the US?"Image: Self-portrait by Sylvia Plath, from Wikipedia. Also posted at BlogHer.

No comments:
Post a Comment