World Shut Your Mouth!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Velocity Girl: Rubble puzzle

Inside sleeve of Simpatico.
Velocity Girl, Simpatico inside sleeve.
Any Velocity Girl fans out there? I'm having trouble deciphering the lyrics to one of my favorite songs on Simpatico, "Rubble".

Here's what I can make out:

Spreading wallshine
Flick down bad time
I couldn't see
Change for good then
Can't remember when
Put my hands away
??
??
Made the same mistake again

[Chorus:]

If you have been falling from that ??
I'd knock you down anyway
If the ground was soft, we'd land
I'd stay right there and pave it all day
But you would break apart leaving rubble in the way
And I don't want to have to walk all over what's left in your place

Broken bottles
But my feel won't get cut up on the glass
With my mouth shut
Leave you in your rut again
Soon as I get these sorted out, I'll write a piece on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I opened the song up in Peak, slowed it down, and EQed the heck out of it, and this is what I get:

Spreading wallshine
Like that bad time
I couldn't see
Change for good then
Can't remember when
Put my hands away
Took my pains at baby's time
Bottled inside her
Made the same mistake again


I can't parse out the missing word at the end of the first line of the chorus, though.

Sour Duck said...

Fantastic! Thanks Ralph.