Blog is the New Resume: kill the joy, why don't you?
TechMeme drops an ice cube down the shirt of every blogger. Talk about taking the joy out of blogging.
But is this really news? We've known for some time now—at least three years—that employers Google applicant names. Even those employers not in the tech industry.
The real thrust of this meme is how the thinking regarding blogging is changing: that it is now considered a public activity.
Mark Evans' comment was probably left in earnest but it still made me laugh:
"I think blogs are the new business cards as well."It's only a matter of time before the following filters in from my TechMeme feed: blogs are the new Kleenex.
Further reading: The Blog Is The New Resume by Adam Darowski

2 comments:
If I were in a less eccentric-friendly field, my bipolar writing could get me in a lot of trouble. Semi-anonymity isn't much help. If someone were determined to find me, they could.
I'm in the middle of a job hunt, and knowing that employers are going to be checking out my blog, I've made a conscious effort to blog more about technology topics in recent months.
Post a Comment