Liquid Paper for the soul
I was filling out some official forms recently and made a mistake. The forms were not so official that they couldn't be completed by hand, but they did require a certain formality and neatness of script.
So I ran out and bought some Liquid Paper. Oh the joy of having a reason to use Liquid Paper. You see they've made an innovation: a spongey wedge-shaped tip. No more of those nasty bristles that deliver a white splodge on the paper. No, we have a neat, pizza-shaped applicator tip now; kind of like the beginning of Star Wars. But without the majesty.
And the smell! I always feel it's reassuring: I'm careful not to inhale too much, lest I get high and end up liquid-papering my whole form. Its toxic smell reassures me that this is The Real Stuff for the job.
Can you believe that someone can write four paragraphs on white-out? I can't.
Ah yes! My post title. Don't you wish you had some liquid paper for your life? But I'm afraid that didn't sound as catchy as "liquid paper for the soul". So there you are.

5 comments:
I need some new liquid paper for my laptop screen. The old stuff left white splotches everywhere!
hahaha, I haven't used liquid paper in YEARS and now you've made me miss it.
Yes, I think the computer revolution has made white-out less vital. But there's something to be said for pen and paper. And correction fluid.
I *love* that wedgy tip too!! So much better!
mmmm memories. I haven't used the liquid liquid paper in years. Two years ago while proctoring an exam I saw a student using the tape kind. I got some of this to use on my own exams and love it because it dried instantly. I never could wait for the liquid one to dry. Always ended up making a worse mess than I had to begin.
Post a Comment