World Shut Your Mouth!

Friday, August 26, 2005

Blogging block, and some motivational quotes from bloggers.

My blogging frustrations are mounting...

  • I've currently got 28 drafts in my Blogger edit posts window.

  • I've just published a piece I'm not happy with. (The piece seemed timely due to an announcement at Ms.).

  • I'm replaying a game, justifying it as "research" for one of my drafts, and it's eating up alot of my time and attention (albeit in the most enjoyable way possible).*
Right! It's time for some inspirational writing quotes from bloggers:
"All I want to do is write well and have good conversations." - Julie Leung, Seedlings & Sprouts, Now serving: Blogher Bouillabaisse

"If you haven't pissed somebody off, you're not trying hard enough." - Kameron Hurley, Brutal Women, Sour Duck's Take on Inhibited Writing, Anger, and Brutal Women

"Writing well is the best revenge." - Fussy's motto. (Here's a nice post from her blog, and a reference for the quote at Parts-n-Pieces.)

"Finally, a shout out to those webloggers who write long posts they never publish, for one reason or another. You know who you are. I have three posts in my drafts – really, really good ones – that I’m holding until you publish." - Shelley Powers at Burningbird, Frolicsome Reading
* Update 12.20.05: This draft was eventually completed and published.

4 comments:

K said...

You mean there are others like me who have drafts they don't publish?

Although lately I have the opposite problem of posting and then thinking ahhh what was I thinking?

And to highlight my inner blogger geek sometimes when I'm laying awake with my thoughts I'll start thinking about a possible blog entry based on those thoughts. Ohhps have I said too much?

Sour Duck I love your posts, please post your drafts. Some of your entries are so thought- provoking that I end up bringing up your issues with friends in real life.

And to answer your previous question Sour Duck I hadn't heard of Bloglines before.

Sour Duck said...

Hi Grace,

The best I can offer is this - an experimental first post. ;)

Hi Kristy - Wow, well, you're in for a treat with Bloglines, it'll really change the way you read blogs.

Thanks for kind words and encouragement! ;) Take care.

Anonymous said...

At least you're in good company. I friggin have a subject to write on, unlike most days, and I've been waffling about doing it for over a week now. Sure, I can blame it on all the craziness that's surrounded my upcoming tubal, but really I'm just lazy. And I gave into my Sims 2 obession. Speaking of, is it bad that the first thing I wondered when I read this post was which game you were playing?

Sour Duck said...

Hi Tekanji - No, not bad at all! ;) I'll get that one out next.

Hope things go well with the surgery, btw.