World Shut Your Mouth!

Monday, August 01, 2005

Blogher posts round-up: Part 3

Blogher logo

A third helping of posts from attendees about the Blogher conference.
  • arse poetica - More Thoughts on BlogHer : "Let me say this: this was a conference of, for, and by people who listened. That's right. Listened. One cannot underestimate the value of this in all contexts, but especially in the context of 300 smart and opinionated women (and a smattering of smart and opinionated men) who were there to say/hear/learn something. And the fact that it got done is not a miracle, friends, no matter how much it may seem so to the devout or the uninitiated."

  • Crossroads Dispatches - BlogHer: All the Maps Change When... : "It's taboo to talk informally, colloquially, conversationally, personally, deeply, humanely in the game called the professsional business world. Especially 'not done' in public. Thank you, Jory, Koan, Ronni, and Heather for reminding me yet again of the importance of putting our selves forth as ourselves. Reminding me: I'm an advocate too. Me, I'm not compartmentalizing myself. I'm bringing forth my whole self to business. I'm not checking any part of me at the door."

  • nina turns 40 - This just sums it all up so beautifully. (photo)

  • love and hope and sex and dreams - And (not just) a good time was had by all.... : "We were all different ages, different sexual orientations, different races. We shared information and didn't try to beat each other up with it. Nobody thought they were "better than"....and most importantly, we learned from one another, about everything..."

  • Beth's Blog - Measurable Blogher Impact or Web Traffic Rorsasch Test : "This is my stats for the week of blogher. Wow, it looks like a steep, sharp rising cliff. Web traffic rorsasch test: If it the numbers fall off as steeply as they rose after blogher, it will look like a .... Now I have a big incentive to implement all the stuff on my to do list."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SD,
Thanks for these roundups. They're really helpful!

Sour Duck said...

You're welcome - it's fun for me to put together, although I took a couple of days off and am now behind; probably will stop at "Part 4".

I see some others have done some "round up" type posts, so I'm looking at those.

I thought about writing a "postcard" entry - a "Blogher postcard", dated the day of the conference, with "Wish You Were Here" and a list of some bloggers who I'd love to hear talk / meet. But then I thought 1) it may pressure the named bloggers to attend the next Blogher conference, and they may not appreciate that, and 2) it may look as if I'm trying to curry favor with well-known bloggers (which I would NOT be doing!!). So let's can that idea.

Anyone reading this can snag that idea if they want, and if those two reasons don't seem valid to them.

Sour Duck