Blogher: Three points of Controversy (Point 3)
"Mommyblogging"
There were two comments that I witnessed that marginalized the phenomenon of Mommyblogging. Some other attendees may have witnessed more. Liza Sabater has written a post in her blog Culture Kitchen that has some good link round-ups and excerpts. The only one that makes me queasy is the one that says "Women being assholes to other women." I think that should read "some women being assholes"; it's too much of a blanket statement that may feed a misconception about Blogher.

4 comments:
Thanks for adding that one word that makes all the difference. You know I am more than willing to admit that women are equal to men in every way, including that some of us are assholes :)
:D Yes, makes a difference, doesn't it?
Hi! I enjoyed participating with you at the discussion on feminism and politics. Thank you for organizing it.
Thanks for pointing out the generalization applied to women. I really hope we get to a day when most people are sufficiently startled to read generalizations about women, men, people of a particular race, and so on that they don't let them pass in their own writing. Even a level of shock as mild as, say, encountering a spelling error would do us all some good.
Hi Ping! It was nice meeting you too, I hope you found the discussion interesting and/or thought-provoking.
Post a Comment