Tis the season for watches and purses.
A couple of items I really like from an old J. Jill catalog I had lying around.
Santa, are you listening? To quote Grandaddy, “I haven’t been that bad, but I haven’t been that good…” Whether to file me under naughty or nice is a real stumper, I admit.
“Antigua purse.” I like practically everything: the colors, the pattern, and the bamboo handle. Note how model swings it conspicuously.
I like all three (even the preppy one).
Still, fun to share (?) (not really sure about that, actually).*
(Nod to green LA girl.)
* Note my barrier dropping in both subject of post and lax punctuation. Oh yes, we’re really loosening the tie around here. I blame it on that damn Abbott and Costello post…

7 comments:
This is bizarre - I find myself in the market for a new handbag (Brit-speak for purse - the purse goes *in* the handbag) and watch, since the zip on my habitual former broke last night, and the latter is showing signs of distress and imminent collapse.
As for dropping barriers - well, I, for one, approve. Not that approval is of any consequence whatsoever, but there you are. It is what it is.
I like when you drop your barriers SD. By the way, I think the purse is great; something I could see me buying. Happy Holidays SD!
Dropping barriers is great - expressing more sides of yourself will be fun for everyone. We don't have to be serious all the time to be taken seriously.
Besides, if I can post red shoes, you can surely do purses and watches. :)
Thanks for your feedback everyone. I hate sharing more and more of myself as it feels incredibly vulnerable and makes me want to reinstate barriers.
But maintenance of those walls is becoming increasingly difficult. Plus it saps my energy.
Terry, I'll remember your words whenever I get those wall feelings again.
Joy - thanks! Your comments lately have really fed my blog motivator (whatever that is, I just made it up).
Koan - Oh, do do a post on your new watch/purse if and when you get them! I'd love to see what your tastes run to.
That J. Jill purse is a bit too rich for my blood (although I have bought expensive purses in the past). I've found you can get a lot of mileage from cheap, "disposible" purses a la Top Shop, H&M, Oasis, etc.
(BTW, has the phrase "it is what it is" jumped the Atlantic now? If so, I apologise on behalf of America. ;))
I don't know what to suggest about the compromise between sharing yourself and preserving your sense of safety - for me, the benefits of the former and the cost of the latter made it an absolute no-brainer - but, very few people are wired like me, and that is probably no bad thing.
Regarding the phrase - I had no idea it was something of a cliche - I thought it was something only I said. I shall now cease and desist from using it. I may be many things, but I try not to be unoriginal.
Share, or don't share, as *you* see fit. If that changes over time, or even from day to day - so what? Your life - your blog - your rules.
Koan - your last para talks as if there were no real world consequences. We all like to be well thought of and persons In Real Life aren't always unconditionally accepting. But I suspect I'm teaching my grandmother how to suck eggs here...
(Didn't mean to suggest you were unoriginal. Now, would I ever do that? :))
Addendum: the "share or don't share as you see fit" advice doesn't work well for me, as I'll always opt not to share. I have to really have a strong motivator to share.
[To those outside who may be thinking that I'm coming down rather harsh on Koan: we're pals, y'know. ;)]
Post a Comment