World Shut Your Mouth!

Monday, February 13, 2006

Purple Converse

shoes
I'm working on something right now that is rather lengthy and a bit challenging. Also frustrating as hell because I feel I'm working blind.

My words are threatening to gang up on me; my adjectives and nouns have the knives out, and the verbs aren't on speaking terms with me. Things are clumsy, awkward, repetitive.

Still, I've got to keep slogging at it. The alternative—not publishing it—is too awful to contemplate. Plus I'm still enjoying it.

Slowly, slowly—remember the tortoise and the hare

Hope you all like this photo of my purple Converse shoes, which were given to me last Christmas.

Currently listening: Pink Floyd, Atom Heart Mother

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like those!

Winter said...

So cool. I really want a pair of these, but I can't afford them! They're about £30 in the UK.

Joy Des Jardins said...

I love these shoes. It's fun getting a peek at all your pairs of shoes...a very eclectic collection from what I can see so far. Have a great V-Day SD.

Sour Duck said...

Thanks Joy - you've just recharged my digital camera batteries, so to speak, so more shoe photos will follow no doubt...

Winter - a little birdie told me these were bought at a cut-rate price from Marshalls (a TK Maxx type store in California). I hate paying full price for Converse and won't do it. Neither will those who give Converse to me. :D ;)

Sour Duck said...

Thanks Joy - you've just recharged my digital camera batteries, so to speak, so more shoe photos will follow no doubt...

Winter - a little birdie told me these were bought at a cut-rate price from Marshalls (a TK Maxx type store in California). I hate paying full price for Converse and won't do it. Neither will those who give Converse to me. :D ;)

Diane said...

In the photo, those look orchid or lavender. Beautiful. For many years (a long time ago), I had some true purple Converse shoes like that. I wore them all the time. Makes me want to get another pair.

Sour Duck said...

Hi Diane - You're quite right, they're a lavendar color, not a true purple.