World Shut Your Mouth!

Friday, December 29, 2006

Not a transgender war tonight, I've got a migraine

Was going to write about the most recent controversy that took place at I Blame the Patriarchy, but reading the comment threads and posts has given me a migraine. Eyes hurt, light hurts, Blogger -- hurts bad, real bad…

So I leave you with these links. Click through, read, and return here to click through to the next one. Repeat until your mind goes numb or you get permanently turned off blogs.

I Blame the Patriarchy: Any excuse to denigrate lipstick

Woman of Color Blog: One more bitchy note before I put on my happy face and wish you a great holiday break…

Women's Space/The Margins: Are Feminists Allowed to Be Partnered with Transmen and Transwomen?

Tiny Cat Pants: I'm Left Twisting in the Wind

I've enjoyed I Blame the Patriarchy in the past, but it's like reading a J.D. Salinger short story. Sure, you enjoy the writing and unique voice, but there's a residual nagging feeling…

Like you're being toyed with.

4 comments:

Winter said...

Sure, you enjoy the writing and unique voice, but there's a residual nagging feeling…

Like you're being toyed with.


I've been trying to put my own feelings into words and that just about sums it up.

belledame222 said...

yeh, it's what i was trying to say wrt, in a way i actually find it -worse- that she's, well, created the space she is and acting as she has, than if i thought she was an ideologue like Heart, annoying as i find her in her own right.

Anonymous said...

Since I read IHP strictly from Bloglines, most of this passed me by until I started seeing references to it other places. The main reason I never follow through to the site itself is what you identified - that toyed with feeling. That and mocked. It's my opinion that this attitude is a lot of what led to this disaster. A blatant lack of tolerance implied that the same in other areas was acceptable. It's now off my subscriptions.

Anonymous said...

The whole thing gave me a headache too: I'm glad I'm not the only one who lacked the patience to follow it all through.