Goodness, all it takes is for Arrington to sneeze...
...and the tech world hands out a hankie.
Fiat Lux reads Arrington's complaint as a kind of "hey kids! get off my lawn!" Nerd Meridian gives Arrington a dose of medicine. Harsh but fair, and he even has a kind word: "Good show to Mike for at least saying how he feels."
Robert Scoble shudders in empathy, and Kara Swisher voices what I was thinking when I read the post: just say no.
Dave Winer thinks it's cool that Arrington wrote that post, and I have to agree.
If you can't indulge a wave of nostalgia and bash it out in a post at your blog, where can you?
Hang in there, kiddo, summer's just around the corner...

2 comments:
I am far less sympathetic to Michael Arrington, considering that he has driven out much of what he's complaining about.
Shelley
I don't think you're the only one, judging by some of the comments left on his post. I saw yours -- zing!
Anne 2.0 has posted a response which is worth a look. Her advice is very sensible: take a break. :D She also seems to break the link between geographical region and the industry, in her post.
I don't know if it's convincing but she talks about her own experience.
Post a Comment