World Shut Your Mouth!

Thursday, September 01, 2005

The politics of footwear.

I'm loving these:

Bright blue velour Converse sneakers with lime trim


But I felt disgust when I spotted these:

Orange Converse sneakers with Army logo


Here's why.

Note: Until I started researching for this post, I had no idea that there was a long-standing relationship between Chuck Taylor All-Star sneakers and the military.

4 comments:

K said...

I was really disappointed to hear that nike (evil nike) had brought out converse.

Thanks for bringing another problem with converse forward.

When my current chuck taylors die i'm getting a pair of no sweat look alikes.

these ones are also made in partnership with the feminist anti-war group 'Code Pink for peace'. Its such a pity that I'm not a fan of pink.

Sour Duck said...

Kristy - Thanks for the pointers to alternatives to Converse. The whole Nike buying Converse thing is, I agree, disappointing.

Anonymous said...

SD, I think you would appreciate these. And if you don't read Adbusters already, you simply must check it out.

Sour Duck said...

Thanks for the pointers, ae. :)