World Shut Your Mouth!

Monday, December 26, 2005

Post-Christmas Odds-n-Sods

Some post-Christmas miscellanea.

  • Watched King Kong on Christmas Day. Pretty good, but more editing could’ve been executed without any loss to the story. Anyhow an entertaining 3 hours. People are right: Naomi Watts is good in this movie. I liked the vaudeville background they gave her character; the physical comedy she performed gave her more to do than just fulfilling the love interest role.
  • Jenn at Reappropriate is hosting Issue 6 of The Carnival of Feminists. I don’t envy her the time slot (January 4th) as it seems slow right now.
  • Jenn states in her call for submissions: “This edition will include a portion to focus on feminism of colour, and the intersection between race and gender.” Please send your submissions via email (jenn@reappropriate.com) or use the following Technorati Tag in the body of your post:



  • I need to write and publish my own notes from hosting the Carnival; I’ve left it unconscionably late, although the notes are voluntary. So I’ll tackle that next and then get down to the (now unreasonably hyped, bound-to-be-a-let-down) dragon article.
  • I now have a DVD player (Christmas present from my husband). Hooray! Netflix or GreenCine here I come…
  • Sadly, the bird I had on loan has gone home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A belated Merry Christmas!

I'm so sorry about your bird, SD. Pets are family.

Sour Duck said...

Thanks Terry. Just to clarify: I didn't mean the bird had died, I meant I had to return the bird to the person for whom I was pet-sitting it.

(But sentiment is appreciated!)

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness! He's a cute little thing. :) Maybe he'll come back to visit sometime.

Winter said...

My family seem to have decided to drag me into the 21st century this christmas. I got a new (and tiny) mobile phone, a digital camera, and an mp3 player (I have no idea what to do with that!). No DVD player yet though.

Tish Grier said...

Congrats on the DVD player! you're never going to want to go back to the old VCR once you get into the extra features on some DVDs. and they're a heck of alot harder to destroy.

have a wonderful New Year and see you soon!

T.